As a kid, we didn’t have that much exposure to European cities, history and culture but Pisa was always included only because of it’s leaning tower. The experiment of Galileo dropping two balls of different masses from the Leaning Tower of Pisa was always a part of our school curriculum and the fact that the tower is leaning and hasn’t fallen yet was a fascination for us kids. Check out our blog on how to plan a day trip to Pisa.!
So when we were in Tuscany, Pisa had to be on our list. Pisa also has an international airport, so we decided to spend half a day there and take a flight back to Dublin from there. In addition to the Leaning Tower, Pisa is a charming little city and we had a great time walking around in the limited time we had.
Few Quick Tips:
- There is a left luggage at the train station, in case you are planning to visit the city just for a couple of hours. They charge 5 euros per bag for one day.
- The bus to the airport leaves from outside the train station, and the journey time is just about 10 minutes.
- Most of the lunch places in the city close by 3pm, so take that into consideration while planning your trip. We did see some restaurants around the leaning tower open during this time, but they seemed very touristy.
- Here are some nice recommendations on where to eat
- You can also arrive at Pisa and do a Tuscany tour, visiting Florence on the way.
- A pricey ticket would allow you to climb the tower but we read mixed reviews about it. Hence we decided to skip it.
Leaving you with some extremely touristy pictures from our trip..
READ ALSO: Our first impression on Italy